3) How is Lesotho involved?
|Dancing Tunnock’s Tea Cakes (a half-biscuit, half-marshmallow, non-dancing Scottish treat)|
|The fabled Loch Ness Monster herself in tartan (plaid)|
- Lesotho is a land-locked nation and the only one in the world that is completely surrounded by one other country – South Africa
- The most common mode of transportation is horseback
- The country motto is ‘Khotso, Pula, Nala’ meaning ‘Peace, Rain, Prosperity’ and respectively represented by the white, blue, and green of the Basotho flag (which also features the indigenous Basotho hat.
- Lesotho is home to one of the only two ski resorts in Sub-Saharan Africa. #AfriSkiFTW
- Lesotho has its own dinosaur – the Lesothosaurus discovered in 1978 by Peter Galton
And now you know.
The TTLF Fellow is a representative of the North American organisation Touching Tiny Lives Foundation. Based for one year in Mokhotlong, Lesotho, the TTLF Fellow serves in an administrative support capacity for the Basotho charity Touching Tiny Lives (TTL).